Manager Support Services
VIC - Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
We are seeking an experienced Manager with Disability, NDIS, and Aged Care
subject matter expertise to drive the delivery of support for people
living with motor neurone disease (MND).
This role will work closely with the CEO, Managers and service staff,
to deliver key support services for people with MND, influence policy
and strategy for the organisation, and ensure quality service delivery
that meets client’s needs.
The Manager Support Services is a member of the senior management team
and works closely with the CEO and Manager Finance and Administration
and Manager Fundraising to ensure efficient and effective service
provision for people living with MND. The Manager Support Services
provides vision, leadership and strategic direction within the Support
The three key Support Services are:
1 MND Advisor: Support for people living with MND and their
associates is provided through a counselling, support, assessment,
referral and monitoring service delivered by regional advisors, to
individuals and groups.
2 Information and Resourcing: MND Victoria operates an information
service that researches, collects and disseminates information about
motor neurone disease and the care and support of those who have motor
neurone disease. A range of groups facilitated by staff and/or
volunteers are provided to support people living with MND. MND Victoria
also provides training and information for the general public and health
3 Equipment (assistive technology): MND Victoria has developed an
extensive range of aids and mobility equipment, available for people
with MND. This service enhances the quality of life for people living
with MND. It is a free service for people with MND.
MND Victoria’s work is supported by an extensive network of
volunteers that underpin all of MND Victoria’s activities. Volunteers
are involved in facilitated group programs, support groups, telephone
and bereavement support programs, organisational support, administration
MND Victoria also provides an MND Advisor Service to people living with MND in Tasmania.
To apply for this position, it is essential you possess the following;
1. A relevant tertiary qualification in human services management, or health/welfare related discipline
2. Experience in a similar role
3. Demonstrated commitment to working with people living with a progressive degenerative neurological disease
4. Capacity to set goals and objectives, and achieve client focussed outcomes.
5. Understanding and experience of NDIS and My Aged Care
6. Experience and knowledge of planning, assessment and referral for clients in the disability, aged and health services arena
7. Demonstrated experience in managing and supporting staff
8. Demonstrated experience and understanding of quality safeguards, systems, compliance audits and certification requirements.
9. Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
10. Capacity and experience in working independently and as part of a team
11. Negotiation and creative problem solving skills
12. Initiative and capacity to identify opportunities and develop relationships to improve service outcomes
13. Ability to manage competing work tasks and work effectively to deadlines
14. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) and understanding of client relationship management systems and electronic databases
15. Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
16. Experience working with people with progressive degenerative neurological conditions
17. Understanding of the impact of progressive degenerative neurological conditions on family and carers
MND Victoria is dedicated to providing the best possible support for
people living with motor neurone disease (MND). ‘People living with MND’
includes people who have been diagnosed, families, carers, former
carers, friends, workmates, service providers and any other person whose
life is, or has been, affected by MND.
MND Victoria was formed in 1981 by a group of volunteers with the
strong involvement of people with MND their families, health
professional and other concerned people to address the absence of a
coordinated response to MND. It is a state-wide not-for-profit
organisation, predominately self- funded situated in Canterbury in the
eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Membership of MND Victoria and access to
its services is free to people with motor neurone disease; a small
annual fee is applicable to other interested people. There are currently
24 staff and over 120 committed volunteers.
MND Victoria offers opportunities for professional development, with
an ongoing learning culture and supportive team environment. If you are
passionate about leading best practice and consumer focused outcomes
through staff engagement and skills development and wish to benefit from
our generous salary packaging options, please contact us. The
successful applicant will need to undergo Police and Disability Worker
Remuneration will be negotiated. Salary packaging is available. A fully maintained vehicle is included.
For further information and a position description please email Julie
McConnell email@example.com or phone 0398302122. Applications
addressing the key selection criteria will be accepted via email only
and until Friday 4 May 2018.
MND Victoria brochure
Manager Support Servcies PD