Reintegration Coordinator (Pre-Release)
VIC - Melbourne, Any Region
based role at Dhurringile Prison, near Shepparton
- 15.2 hours per week until 30 June 2020
- Generous salary packaging
VACRO is a non-government, non-denominational organisation providing support and information for individuals charged with a criminal offence, offenders, and their families. VACRO also provides leadership, education, training and research on the justice system for the community.
Working within correctional facilities, you will assess clients with
diverse and complex needs nearing their exit from prison as well as plan and
facilitate small group and individual sessions designed to support reintegration.
An ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships coupled with timely
recording of data will be essential to your success in this role. Clients may
include female prisoners, Serious Violent or Sex Offender (SVoSO) prisoners and
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander prisoners.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or
other relevant fields
- Experience working with high risk, complex clients
- Previous correctional experience highly regarded
- Group facilitation skills
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to accurately and promptly record activities in database
- Sound level of MS Office including Excel, Client Management Systems and
VACRO is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing. We
provide extensive on-boarding training and ongoing professional development for
staff, amongst other benefits. This role is classified at Level 5 (Pay
Point depending on qualifications and experience) SCHCADS 2010 Award plus
generous salary packaging.
The position description is available on our
website at www.vacro.org.au under “Careers”. Direct any
enquiries to Human Resources on 03 9605 1900. In your application, please
address the key selection criteria in this advertisement and include a current Resume.Forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am on Tuesday 1 May.