Team Leader, Learning for Life
The Smith Family
VIC - Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Help us to achieve our mission to create opportunities for young Australians in need by providing long-term support for their participation in education
- Lead and develop a dedicated team of people in Brimbank and Werribee
- The workplace location of this role to be negotiated
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. As a Team Leader in our Learning for Life Program, you will be pivotal to securing this outcome for more young Australians in the Western Metro area (Brimbank and Werribee).
Leading a team of dedicated across the Western Metro area, you will be responsible for the successful implementation of the Learning for Life Program in your communities of responsibility. Key to your success in this role will be your ability to connect your team to our mission and values and to ensure our programs run within practice guidelines and fidelity requirements.
In this key leadership role, you will:
- Lead and support the development of your team through ongoing coaching, mentoring and development and in keeping with The Smith Family Culture & Values and enabling high performance guidelines;
- Ensure programs are delivered in accordance with the agreed practice guidelines and delivery plans;
- Facilitate conversations between your team members to share best practice and to problem solve any challenges or issues;
- Support the team to implement programs in accordance with guidelines, agreed process and targets;
- Work with your team to develop and maintain strong working relationships with partner schools and other relevant community organisations;
- Promote the position of The Smith Family and inform the community about organisational activities through relevant forums.
To be successful in your application, you will be a highly organised individual with a proven history in building and developing your team. You will also have managed multiple priorities and projects through to completion whilst building strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
To find out more information about this role please see the position description located at https://www.thesmithfamily.com.au/get-involved/jo...
To apply, please send your current resume and a covering letter that addresses the following key questions:
- What are the key motivators for you to apply for this Team Leader role?
- What is your approach to team development and leadership of individual team members, including geographically-dispersed teams?
- Using examples, what is your approach to the professional development of the people you lead and to yourself?
For any other information, please contact Mike Williamson on 0411 786 024 or via email at email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 1 February 2018
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.