VIC - Regional, Geelong & Great Ocean Road
About the Organisation
Cottage by the Sea is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation
that provides fun, inspiration and opportunities for disadvantaged young
people in a positive, healthy, seaside environment. With a vision that
every child deserves a happy and a healthy childhood.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be managing a small team to execute
this collective vision. You will be responsible for developing content
for programs driven by key outcomes of emotional and social learnings.
All while ensuring compliance to relevant legislations and professional
standards it met within the program structure, all while keeping best
practice in place.
You are a natural leader and lateral thinker, with an understanding
of diverse cultures and an ability to build positive relationships, from
children participating in programs to all levels of staff involved,
this is an opportunity to become a key person with an organisation that
makes a genuine impact on the lives of many for years to come.
To be successful in this position, it is preferable that you have:
- Formal qualifications in education, recreation or management. (Master’s degree highly regarded)
- Evidence of continued professional development within education or a related field
- Ability to build, lead and develop a team to deliver strong outcomes and engage with participants
- Ability to work sensitively with children from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Superb interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage in building relationships;
- Flexibility to work independently as well as within and across teams;
- Ability to manage work flows and balance competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met and records are current;
- Excellent communication skills.
To express interest in this position please hit ‘Apply Now’ or via www.peopleatwork.com.au